How to Rid Your Kitchen of Mold


The most important room of the house that must be kept clean and sanitized at all times is the kitchen due to the fact that we prepare the food that we eat in it. Therefore, in case you are faced with the appearance of mold in your kitchen, you have to eliminate it as soon as possible. Otherwise, you put yourself and your loved ones in danger of getting sick. If you want to learn how to rid your kitchen of the unpleasant mold, read the following lines.

Kill mold with bleach

Bleach is one of the most effective mold removal solutions out there. It kills any species of indoor mold that it comes in contact with, along with the spores in order to leave a sanitized surface that won’t fall victim to mold again. If you go with bleach to remove the mold in your kitchen, make sure that the area is well ventilated before you begin. Bleach is a very potent solution that produces harsh fumes, this being the reason why you must take care when you’re using it. To remove the mold with bleach, use a ratio of 1 cup of bleach per gallon of water. Apply the solution on the area that is affected by mold by using a spray bottle. When you’re done applying the solution, don’t rinse it off. Let it dry on the affected area to effectively kill off the mold and to ensure that there isn’t a chance for mold to grow back again in the future.

Mold removal with baking soda

Baking soda is a natural solution that a lot of people use for cleaning. Fortunately, you can use it as a mold removal solution as well. In order to kill mold with baking soda, you have to add 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda to a spray bottle of water. Afterward, shake the bottle for the baking soda to dissolve into the water. Spray the area that is affected by mold with the solution, and use a sponge or a scrubbing brush to remove all the mold from the surface. Once you have eliminated the mold, rinse the surface with water to make sure that there isn’t any residual mold left on it. To make sure that the mold is killed off, spray the surface with the solution once again and let it dry.

Use the Danby DDR50B3WP dehumidifier

As we said before, mold thrives in humid spaces. Therefore, you must ensure that the levels of humidity in your kitchen remain between normal levels for mold to not appear. Once you have removed the existing mold from your kitchen using one of the options given by us previously, place the Danby DDR50B3WP dehumidifier in it. This device ensures that the humidity in your kitchen won’t ever rise to dangerous levels. To purchase it you have to spend only $150. It can regulate the humidity in a room that spans up to 3000 square feet. It’s able to extract up to 50 pints of moisture over a 24-hour period. It’s extremely quiet while operating, producing only 50 dBA. Therefore, it won’t distract your attention while you’re cooking. It comes with the automatic shut-off feature that ensures the unit will stop working when it reaches the desired humidity level. In addition, it’s one of the most efficient models on the market when it comes to energy consumption. Therefore, you won’t spend a lot on bills due to the fact that you will operate it.